Thursday 21 July 2011

A future

I realised I`d been spending a whole lot of time thinking about "Getting Over" everything that`s happened and even if I wanted to or not. I`m always going to miss Cliff, always going to love him and don`t want to "Get Over" him.

What I do want and at last think that I`m very slowly achieving is being able to live with it. I`m managing to think of a future for me, well sort of and only sometimes but it`s a start. I`m trying not to feel guilty when I`m having a laugh, he wouldn`t have wanted me to never laugh again and a far better stress reliever than medications.

I`m finding me again, mulling things over here has helped but it`s not really down to that, it`s people. The Classic bike forum members support, my followers here, Hazel who`s a lovely person, my piccy I love it, Simon who`s been in touch thank you so much for listening and sorry about your phone bill, Tim, called in for a cuppy and ended up helping in shed, thanks. The people I work with, many with problems of their own but who get on with it with smiles on their faces and the people who never let me pass in the street without a chat asking how I`m doing, they think I`m looking more like my old self these days.

I moan about people, everyone does but I think there`s a whole lot more good ones than bad and knowing that people care makes all the difference. Thank you people!!

3 comments:

  1. Sue...anytime, happy to have been a help, whether on here or in the shed that day. With some luck and if all works out, I'll be making another visit over next year, thiis time up to Alba with a small sidetrip to Kings Sutton to see the family and to the NMM, possibly even down to London for the day if possible. If so, I'll give you a ring up OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you feel you're finding yourself again. I think Cliff would be proud. I think you've been very brave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see this, Sue.....keep smiling, it does you good, and remember, the light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming motorcycle!

    ReplyDelete