Monday 4 July 2011

Thanks both

Thanks Hazel and Simon, other peoples input really helps because I sometimes can`t make sense of all the things in my head and especially when I`m feeling emotional don`t know if I`ve made a daft decision or not.

Yes Hazel I know he wouldn`t have wanted me misrable and stuck in a rut My new friends are nice and personality wise kind of like me so not exactly shrinking violets either so have brought me back out of myself. It`s just letting go has been so hard, I think I may be refusing invitations out in the evenings on purpose so I can sit at home and cling to the past. Part of me doesn`t want to let go but I can`t live the rest of my life feeling like this. I`m hoping that a new house may help and it was something we intended to do anyway.

It won`t be in the very near future as I`ve so much needing fixed here but now that the mortgage is paid I`m hoping to get things done over winter, unless a complete bargain came my way. Yes Simon bungalows are snapped up here very quickly, the only ones that sit unsold for a while are those with upstairs dormer extensions, probably because the older buyers don`t want stairs. There are a few of those for sale but they`ve been newly refurbished so even more expensive. How`s your friend coping as I`ve found this is the hardest thing I`ve ever had to go through? I could afford a flat but want something with a garden, I like to potter or take out frustrations by getting out the spade. I`d also need a shed, I always feel relaxed in there, a little escape den from everything. (but I`d rather have a big, huge shed!!).

I`m not sure if I`d stay locally, I do have to stay in town for at least a couple of years as youngest daughter has a place at college here plus I wouldn`t want to drag her away from her friends, not fair. My oldest spends half her time staying at her boyfriends Mums house (makes life easier as he lives way out in one of the villages that`s not on a bus route) and half they`re here but he`s off to uni in September. She`s just finished A-levels and is looking for a job hoping to save up while she decides whether to go to uni next year or not.

I start my NVQ tomorrow, I think I can take as many as I want upto management level, I`m quite excited and looking forewards to it....I love a challenge!!

1 comment:

  1. As you're good enough to put your thoughts down on here, I guess the least I can do is reply when I have summat vaguely relevant to say!
    What both you and my workmate are going through is about as hard to cope with as it gets; to be honest, I really don't know how she copes, given that it's happened to her twice now and also that she has quite a few health problems.....but she does. She's just put her house on the market, already had a good offer and just needs to find a new place....if nothing else, that and work are keeping her busy!
    Nippers......just been for a few beers with mine, if the A-levels have gone well she'll be off to uni at York come October. In the longer term this may prompt me to move further north (can't GET any further south!).
    Since her Mum and I split up, I've pretty much needed to book an appointment to see her; not for any bad reason, simply that her social life is so busy I have to fit in with her calendar!
    Good luck with the NVQ; glad you're looking forward to it and trust you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete