Sunday 3 July 2011

House

I was reading what I said yesterday and have decided what I need to do next. It`s this house, I can`t move forewards here and it`s silly living in a house where I can`t stand to sit in my own livingroom, I only ever come in here to use the laptop or tidy, I never sit down on the sofa and relax because I hate it and what happened in here.

We`d always planned to move once the kids got older, somewhere smaller but with either a garage or enough space to build a big shed so I`m going to go ahead with that plan. I`ve glanced at properties in the paper and most small cottage/bungalows are more expensive than this. So once I fix this place up I`ll need to find something that`s also needing work done and is not bang up to date with a fancy kitchen and bathroom.

If nothing else all that will keep me busy for a while.

3 comments:

  1. My work colleague, who lost her husband earlier in the year, feels very much the same about their house. Another reason for her wanting to move is that she suffers badly from arthritis and struggles to just get around the place and do the housework.
    She's just put it on the market, and is looking for a ground floor flat in town.
    The situation with bungalows etc. is similar down here, daftly expensive as there's usually more demand for them than supply.
    Good luck with this, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Sue. Keep the good memories in your heart and mind and leave the bad ones in the house. I think Cliff would be proud of you for making what is a pretty brave decision.
    Will you have to live as close as possible to where you are now or will you be looking for more of a change? I suppose that will rather depend on what the girls want to do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue I echo what Simon and SFB have said, a change of scenery may be the thing needed for you right now.

    The only thing is as Simon mentions is property values may be a bit high depending on whaat you're looking for, etc

    But this may be the way for you to move on some and put the bad memeories behind and just keep the good.

    Also, don't forget about Wobble.

    ReplyDelete