Sunday 22 May 2011

It`s been a tonic

Wow, I`ve just put a counter gadget on, came across it by chance when clicking things and can`t believe the amount of people who`ve visited, maybe not stayed but visited. I know I sometimes go on and on covering the same ground maybe more than once but that`s what`s going on in my head and doing this is my way of trying to sort things out a little because sometimes I can`t make sense of my little world and still mutter to myself "This wasn`t meant to be this way".

I`ve been thinking of my volunteering, especially the charity shop, I`ve pottered from job to job over the years and to be honest I`m enjoying this one the most. The people I work with and customers are all so nice and the fact I don`t get paid means I`m not waiting on that wage packet wondering how much the tax man has taken, I`m not working my arse off so someone else can enjoy big profits, much better giving my best to help people and last but not least I`m recycling!! I did intend to work behind the scenes but they sussed I`m a people person so find myself on the till quite a lot and although I never ever wanted to input data again they also sussed I wasn`t too bad at that and am doing the Gift Aid paperwork. To anyone who doesn`t already know, when donating anything to charity, either money or items, if you`re a tax payer, please register as a Gift Aid donor as the charity can claim back an extra 25% of donation from the tax man.

I`ve also noticed it`s only when I`m on my own with time to dwell that I sit mulling everything over and feel my stomach hit the floor, I wish I could remember without that happening as it`s a physical feeling that leaves you feeling empty and lost.

I don`t do it often but bought myself something. Last year I nearly ripped my arms off getting the 10ft hedge down to 5ft with my old loppers, as part two of hedge saga has begun (still had to stand on steps, so now getting it down to my cutting height) I invested in a set of Fiskars Geared Loppers, I love em!! 2"  thick branches, snip, gone! It`s going a treat, only problem is that the driveways filling up fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment