Friday 13 May 2011

Next weekend

I`ve been dreading next weekend, it`ll have been a year since Cliff died. I wasn`t sure what to do with myself that day, I was probably going in to work to try not to think about it too much. Then I saw in the paper that the local VMCC will be displaying bikes along the high street, ah Karma, very apt, so I`ll head off for a gander and a chat. I`m hoping there`s a Velocette there (very classy and I`ve a picture of one on my wall), that was one in our wish list and when he was in hospital asked me to wave down the chap who rides round town on one and request if Cliff could have a ride (on back as he was too ill to ride) but we didn`t have enough time.

The weekend after I`ve had a very kind invitation for a couple of days away for bank holiday so need to let my hair down and laugh a little although I suspect a little "shed envy" may set in although I`ve been thinking of extending mine.

2 comments:

  1. Good idea Sue, have a butchers at the bikes and get a pic of a Velo to put in the shed with Wobble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was quite surprised to see the announcement as nothing usually goes on here at all, especially something I`d like. I`m trying to plan some stuff to do over the next few months now the weathers nice, not sure what yet but really just need to chill out as it`s been far too easy to hide away and not bother anymore. (I need a hitching buddy, nah only kidding far too old for that now).

    ReplyDelete