Wednesday 6 April 2011

A glimpse of the old me

Yesterday a woman I know was viewing what was branded as an adhesive bra (chicken fillets), I`d never seen a pair of those in reality so was into the box in a flash, ugh, cold, slimey and gooey, very unpleasant feeling I told her. And as she screwed her face up I couldn`t resist and went to squidge one in her face and yesss, she squealed, loudly, TOO EASY, you`re just a big kid she said, so maybe there`s hope for me yet.

I miss having fun, I don`t want to be one of those people who takes life oh so seriously, doesn`t really get you anywhere except that laughter lines turn to wrinkles. I need to laugh more despite how I`m feeling inside.

Talking of being taken seriously, last year for one of the meetings I had with some nhs bigwigs I decided to look the part, heels (short people are at a disadvantage straightaway),  black dressy trousers and jacket, hair pulled up so it looked like one of those hair do`s that wouldn`t move an inch in a wind tunnel and even make-up. I looked in the mirror and thought "that isn`t me, that wont do at all", so pulled on my jeans and a t-shirt, mules, shook my head to release hair and wiped the crap off my face, much better, I hate people trying to be something they`re not.

I`m not a huge Kinks fan but the words here are rather apt, who`d want life to be that boring.

2 comments:

  1. I bought one of those sticky bra things a few years back - I'd bought a pretty little backless dress to wear for a friend's wedding. Stupidly, I forgot to pack it so it never got used - I took it to the tip a few weeks ago. What a horrible thing it was though - it looked as if it was made of that Slime stuff you used to be able to buy in toy shops. But less Gloopy!
    Keep looking for things to laugh at - laughter keeps you sane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slime, yup bang on, thought it reminded me of something.

    ReplyDelete