Wednesday 20 April 2011

Tree

Another of my things is that I`ve been helping out in the BHF charity shop for a wee while. I chose that one because Cliffs heart operation had improved his life so much that I wanted to give something back. Initially I`d said that I only wanted to help behind the scenes (I hate gloomy long faced shop assistants who find it hard to crack a smile or have a bit of idle banter).

But one morning, as there was no-one else, I found myself serving people. It`s a very busy shop and the constant stream of customers meant time flew by but more importantly I was so busy I didn`t have time to be gloomy and enjoyed chatting to people more like I used to. Plus the manager and other volunteers there are a lovely bunch and have helped me far more than the so called councillor.

Evenings are still bad, don`t quite know what to do with myself, usually end up reading. I still can`t settle in my own living room, I hate it, it`s just full of memories of THAT morning.

I`d asked Greenhaven burial ground to let me know as soon as Cliff got his tree, I got a text yesterday with just two words, I`m not quite sure why but they made me cry. "Silver Birch"

No comments:

Post a Comment