Sunday 20 March 2011

Not true

"I`d have nothing", no that`s bollox. There is something, something that I`ve focused on and sometimes the only reason I bother anymore, the girls. I`ve discovered that nothing is for certain hence one of the reasons I wanted the mortgage paid off, for them. I wanted them to be secure "if".I love my kids who have had to put up with me sulking about for the past year.

Hard at times 3 females in a house, sometimes they`re the best of mates, next minute hate each other. In the past I tried to act as peacemaker but they`d make up and somehow it would be all my fault, so now I keep well out of such things and make for the teenager-free zone of the shed when I hear raised voices.

After my own very strict upbringing I know I`ve been far too soft with them, they told me I`m too much of a pushover but this last year I`ve made it quite clear what I expect behaviour wise and now the worst of those teenage years have passed think we`re doing ok.

Went shopping with my oldest yesterday and for the first time in years she actually asked my opinion on things she was trying on even though she thinks my clothes sense is boring. She`s right everything I own is black or dark purple or dark red or !!! and yes when I find something that fits I`ll buy more than one to save having to go shopping again or trail round yet more shops that are all full of near identical clothes anyway.

So for now all I want out of life is to see them get on and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment