Saturday 26 March 2011

Plans

We always liked making plans, enlarging the shed, making a huge bathroom out of the extension, early retirement and touring Europe for an indefinite time, then perhaps even Australia. We`d get the maps out, plan routes, circle places we`d each not want to miss. Then the wish list of bikes that was changed or added to constantly. Whether all these things happened wasn`t really the point, we were going to grow old together with everything to look forwards to.

Now I try not to think of the future as without him I see it as empty and all a bit pointless but having nothing at all to plan for basically sucks.

Since moving here I`d become guilty of keeping things I didn`t need "just in case" so every charity bag that falls through my letterbox gets filled and the binmen must curse the heaviness of all the junk I squeeze into the bin. One of our plans was that once the kids left home we`d move to a smaller house but with a bigger shed/garage, so now decluttered I may well just go ahead with that one once I`m on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment