Friday 11 March 2011

Why am I writng this, partly because there`s so much rattling round in my head that maybe writing some of it down will help make room for me again. I look in the mirror and all the sparkle that he loved has gone, he hated people with bland expressions and dead eyes.

Last year I thought by keeping myself busy, throwing myself into everything that I wouldn`t have time to think (wrong), that after some time had passed I`d not hurt so much (wrong). Yes, my stomach has stopped churning enough for me to eat again, I do get a few hours sleep a night and do all the everyday things needed to survive in this world but as time passes I miss him more and more.

So I pinned my hopes on councilling, maybe that would bring some normality back. The councillor who herself had never been married came out with cliches such as "you`ve got to more on" and "crying wont bring him back" (as if I didn`t know that one!) and "he didn`t pass away, he`s dead" (yes, that`s why I need you to try to help me).

My doctors solution was to offer me Diazepam which I refused as it`s a bit like putting a picture up to hide a damp patch which grows and festers underneath.

I did worry that I was feeling worse rather than better, that sometimes I felt I was losing the plot, then I remembered a quote from Robert Pirsig`s Lila. "If  there were only one person in the world, is there any way he could be insane? Insanity always exists in relation to others". So do I really care what society thinks, no not really, I don`t want their councilling or drugs, I`m not going to try to stop thinking about him just because it hurts, I`ll take one day at a time and go with the flow. Besides he told me he`d stick around and he never broke a promise, so he`s coming too. And if all else fails there`s the good ole family motto "f***em".

Just heard a Harley passing, nice sound, so music that echo`s the heartbeat of a Harley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtDd5htZ_A8

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, doing a blog is a good way to help cope with things. Don't worry about rambling on or whatever as it's yours to do with as you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he'll be sticking around, looking out for you. I'll be thinking of you both on your anniversary. Hugs to both of you.

    ReplyDelete