Saturday 4 June 2011

Another small step

Decided I needed to get out of the house in the evenings so had a girly night out with a couple of the girls from work as a sort of entertainment thing was on. A lot of the women were flirting with the entertainer as he cracked his jokes but we thought he looked a bit like a younger version of Elton John, except with a mullet haircut and he was wearing those silly long pointed shoes the shops are full of that curl up at the toes and make people look like Sideshow Bob.

The two girls chatter away as much as me and we had a good laugh ( they`re my age so "girls" is stretching reality a bit but sometimes being a grown-up is dull as dishwater!!). Strangely all three of us have lost husbands, my manager who`s husband was also a biker died when she was only in her thirties so we kinda "understand" each other.

Another woman I hadn`t seen for months pinged out of nowhere and gave me a hug saying she thought I was looking a lot better than last time we met. I still think I look haggard but maybe not quite so much, smiling more helps but still being up and about at this time, 2.45am, doesn`t. I still hate going to bed, it`s all big, cold and empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment