Sunday 26 June 2011

Clipping doggies and motorcycles....plus afterthought

Yes it`s doggie clipping day. The old wahl set couldn`t hack it as Doogie dog has a very thick wiry coat with a felt like fluffy one underneath leading to the clippers overheating and clogging in minutes. So today I`m trying out the new heavy duty ones (there`s even blades available for horses and sheep so I`m assuming they`ll tackle the job}. She loves having a trim and is so relaxed, usually ends up snoring.

Me next, annual trim on Tuesday, just enough so I can see where I`m going and it takes less than half hour to dry, I`ve never liked hairdressers!!

I`m still dithering over whether to do CBT training or not. Now it`s summer the bikes are out in force. I see them and think of nice summer breezes with visor up bumbling round our country roads. I know what I like and see something and think "aren`t you a beauty". Then I hear them out and about, some engines just sound plain horny, especially when they growl or duff, dufff, duffff. Our friends R80 project (Wobble #2) reg number is DUF!

I do need distance glasses for driving but the ones I got from Specsavers are as much use as a chocolate fireguard in that far distances are great but anything closer than say a roads width is a blur, I think I need to try another optician as since my eye test I heard our local specsavers has a dodgy reputation. Another consideration is that my concentration levels can vary with my recent emotional up`s and down`s, then again having something I have to focus on 100% may help.

But as with a lot of things lately, I dunno!

Had an idea and looked up residential courses which would tie in nicely with wanting a break, the one that leads to a restricted licence, plenty available but the accommodation prices are far too steep. I`ve popped round to the community centre a few times as they do CBT in the car park there, wanted a chat with the bloke that runs it but he`s never there. Don`t blame him really last time I went round the fire brigade were putting out a Honda that had been set alight, strangely outside the community centre is one of the places the chavs hang out!

1 comment:

  1. CBT.....I'd say do it, pretty sure having to concentrate will do you good; I was in the early stages of my marriage breaking down when I did mine and it was one of the things that helped me through.
    A word of advice on glasses for riding a bike: do NOT let them sell you vari-focals for this! My partner had a pair, we went out on the bikes, got on to the main road, me leading, she got slower and slower.....the vari-focals were bouncing up and down with the irregularities in the road, causing them to go in and out of focus....making it impossible to ride safely.
    DUF numberplate is from down this way, ex-wife had a Fiat Panda E***DUF which she got new from a dealer in Hastings.
    I know what you mean about certain bikes looking and sounding good; my Triumph Thunderbird was bloody amazing, so was the DR600; must be those "silencers" that make the sound louder! I miss the ring-ding-ding of the MZ; must fix it! My CB750 is a lot quieter but i still enjoy playing tunes on the engine.......

    ReplyDelete