Wednesday 15 June 2011

Home

Had a few days at home catching up on things that had been waiting a while to be done. The nine new fence panels are now weatherproofed, the very dry wood just soaked the stain in so it took me ages. So I am now hankering after one of those spray-on gadgets for next time, it`s on my list underneath powerwasher.

The hedge is at last finished, me height. Now comes the fortnightly squashing as much as possible into the bin to try to clear the drive, couple of months ought to do it. During cutting my Irish neighbour turned up with his bin and took root (alcoholics make very boring conversation), he started raking about in my hedge, turned out he`d hid one of his 2L bottles of cheap and nasty fizzy cider in there so his equally thirsty girlfriend didn`t drink it. He`s a harmless sort of guy but starting to get on peoples nerves. (it also sticks in my throat that he sits on his arse all day drinking my and others tax money).

Another busy week ahead with a get-together with other charity workers Thursday evening, I may skip the invitation to Bingo though, never been before but no skill involved so no pleasure in winning.

Being at home for a few days has unsettled me again, at home I`m so aware of who`s missing, the only way I seem to be dealing with this is to almost just have home as a base and be out doing stuff all the time, how quickly a home turns into a mere house.

No comments:

Post a Comment